CMRI (The Calcutta Medical Research Institute) — the flagship hospital of the CK Birla Group of Hospitals, has been a strong name in providing health care services for over 50 years. This multi-speciality tertiary unit is based on three key principals —Clinical Excellence, Ethical Conduct and Patient Centricity. Going beyond National borders; to Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Myanmar, this institution is a hallmark of trust in the medical sector.
Centrally located with 440 beds and state-of-the-art infrastructure, CMRI is an ISO 9001:2008 certified hospital accredited by the NABH, NABL & CAP (College of American Pathologists) recognised for its Quality Healthcare Service Delivery.
The foundation of CMRI has been laid on 3 key principles that define the ethos of our hospital:
1. Clinical Excellence
- Delivery of quality patient care – from prevention to treatment of the most serious and complex human diseases
- Use of international guidelines, protocols and care pathways to ensure best clinical outcomes
- Institute of choice for the best clinical and nursing talent coupled with world-class infrastructure and equipment
- Honest and transparent in doing the right thing for our patients by improving outcomes and not procedures
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism with clear communication of treatment plan
3. Patient Centric
- Primacy to comfort and convenience of patients and their families
- Establish a strong patient connect and trust through compassion and empathy
- Inclusive in embracing and respecting different backgrounds
- 24 Hrs. Emergency Service
- 440 Bedded Multi Super Speciality Hospital
- More than 210 Consultants of International & National Repute
- 64 Slice CT Scan for Cardiac & Body Angiogram
- 5 Tesla MRI with Ambience
- Highly Specialized Trauma Care Unit
- Computer Aided Joint Replacement Surgery
- Latest Laser for Prostate, Kidney Stone Surgery
- State-of-the-art Kidney Transplant Unit
- Suryodaya – Eye Care at its Best
- State-of-the-art Gastroenterology with advanced Endoscopic Procedures
- Non – Invasive Cardiology with Comprehensive Health Check Up
- 106 bed State-of-the-art Critical Care Unit
- Performed 5, 50,000+ Surgeries
- 12 World Class Operation Theatres
- Treated over 7 Lac In-patients
- Treated over 7.6 Million Outdoor Patients
- Treated over 15,000 International Patient
- Fully Digital Radiology with CR and PACS System
- NABL & CAP Accredited Laboratory
CMRI is one of the very few centres selected for the prestigious
- IDCC & DMLT
- MRCS examination conducted by the Royal College of Surgeons, UK and MRCGP Courses & Examination conducted by the Royal College of General Physicians, UK.
Ongoing DNB Courses
|DNB– Family Medicine||DNB- General Medicine||DNB- General Surgery||DNB- GI Surgery||DNB- Obstetrics & Gynaecology||DNB- Neuro Medicine||FNB– Minimal Access Surgery|
|Received Re-accreditation in 2015||Yearly 1 Student enrolled in CMRI Hospital||CMRI has 3 seats in each academic session||CMRI has 1 seats in each academic year||In this speciality CMRI got 2 seats in each Academic Session (1 Primary + 1 Secondary)||In this speciality CMRI got 2 seats in each Academic Session||In this speciality CMRI got 1 seat in each Academic Session|
|Yearly 4 students enrolled in CMRI Hospital||Next session when the hospital will go for re-accreditation – they may apply for one more additional seat|
Technician Diploma Courses
- CMRI got the reaccreditation of “Diploma in Laboratory Technician Course” under State Medical Faculty of West Bengal
- Each Academic year 12 students will enrol in this course
- Diploma in Radio Diagnosis : 6 Students each Session
- Diploma in Diploma in Dialysis Technician : 6 Students each Session
- Diploma in Critical Care technician: 6 Students each Session
Clinical Audit Workshop
CMRI Hospital organized a CLINICAL AUDIT WORKSHOP of National Quality Council on 20th September 2015. Where Seven ( 7) candidates of this Hospital was trained how to conduct a Clinical Audit . The course is aimed at Healthcare providers who want to achieve and gain evidence of improvements in patient care and safety measures through clinical audit.
This course is designed to help to develop competence and confidence to carry out Clinical Audits and to determine, how clinical audit relates to other activities related to accountability for the quality and safety of patient care.
And also to help clinicians formulate measures of quality based on evidence of good practice, as the basis for data collection and also to develop data collection protocols and tools and advise on data collection for clinical audits.
CMRI Hospital hosted the clinical meeting GERIATRIC SOCIETY OF INDIA. Post graduate trainees of CMRI Hospital presented some geriatric medical cases treated in CMRI Hospital in front of specialist medical association of doctors practicing or contributing towards the Indian Geriatric cause.
NIHSS Certification Programme
Currently stroke is a major cause of mortality and morbidity. Even though treatment is available, the awareness among public as well the healthcare fraternity is very poor.
NIHSS certification programme, facilitate key emergency/neurology/nursing personnel in hospitals in National Institute of Health Stroke Scale administration. This certification is done by American Academy of CME after giving an online test on NIHSS. NIHSS certification programme help many stroke patients since it will lead to faster identification triage and overall management.
CMRI organized this NIHSS Certification programme on 23rd June 2015. Total 22 direct care providers were trained in this session by Dr. Deep Das, Consultant Neuro Medicine of CMRI Hospital.
Hands on Lab
CMRI Hospital hosted a series of HANDS OF TRAINING SESSIONS for Post Graduate Surgical Trainees & Registrars to enhance their surgical skill with the association of THE ALUMNI OF THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF EDINBURGH (EAST ZONE). Post graduate trainees and registrars from all over Kolkata attended this workshop.
Masterclass in Surgery Soft Skills for Surgeons
On 11th October 2015 , CMRI hospital hosted a seminar of THE ALUMNI OF THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF EDINBURGH (EAST ZONE) on Soft skill development. Where the eminent surgeons given lectures on the art and science of talking to Patients and their relatives.
The Calcutta Medical Research Institute (CMRI) have undertaken a unique initiative to highlight the increasing incidence of gastrointestinal problems, and to highlight the complications that may arise from a seemingly simple surgery like a gall stone operation. After 2014’s Pancreas Update ; A galaxy of eminent physicians and surgeon of national and international repute were present in an interactive scientific session – Biliary Update 2015 . The session was inaugurated by Dr Gayatri V Mahindroo, Director NABH. Speakers were Dr V Sitaram Former Head of HPB Surgery CMC Vellore, Dr Subash Gupta, Chief of CLBS , New Delhi and Dr Shailesh Shrikhande Chief of G.I& HPB Services TMH Mumbai.
CONCORD – 2015
CMRI Hospital hosted a conference of Spinal Cord Society of West Bengal , a the official state chapter of Spinal Cord Society (India) which is again affiliated to ISCoS (International Spinal Cord Society).
A full day scientific lectures, updates and discussions on recent developments of spine and spinal cord related issues would definitely enrich our academic and practicing strategies. Dr. Bhabotosh Biswas , Vice Chancellor , Health University , West Bengal & Dr. A.K. Mukherjee, Director of Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi were there in this conference among with many other eminent physicians of eastern part of the country.
- More than 5,50,000 successful surgeries
- Wide range of specialities, including diagnostic services under one roof
- One of the most trusted hospitals in Eastern India
- Recognised for its positive clinical outcomes
- Declared a model hospital by multiple PSUs and state undertakings