Eyes are the organs of vision. They detect light and convert it into electro-chemical impulses in neurons. Rod and cone cells in the retina facilitate colour differentiation and the perception of depth. The human eye can distinguish about 10 million colours. There are many diseases, disorders, and age-related changes that may affect the eyes.
The Department of Ophthalmology at CMRI aims to provide excellent, efficient, comprehensive eye care under one roof. It offers comprehensive eye examinations as well as consultation across areas of ophthalmology. The Department is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment that facilitate eye examinations, specialized diagnosis and treatment.
We undertake specialty practice through our dedicated team of cornea, glaucoma, retina and oculoplasty surgeons. Surgical and medical management of Retinoblastoma in childhood is achieved under the aegis of doctors especially trained in this field.
- Cornea and anterior segment
- Retina Vitreous uvea and
- Ocular Oncology & Oculoplasty
- Humphrey Perimetry
- Applanation Tonometry
- Colour vision testing
- Digital Fluorescein
- Angiography (DFA)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) – macula and glaucoma
- Ultrasonography B-Scan
- Slit lamp Bio microscopy & Slit lamp photography
- ECCE with PCIOL
- Phacoemulsification using latest machines and rigid, foldable, multifocal & toric lenses
- Glaucoma surgery
- Corneal grafting & other corneal surgeries
- Amniotic Membrane grafting
- DCR and DCT (sac surgery)
- Retinal detachment surgery
- Vitreous surgery
- Intravitreal Injection of Antibiotics, Kenacort, Macugen, Lucentis, Accentrix, Avastin
- Squint surgery