Internal medicine also known as general medicine in Commonwealth countries is the medical specialty that comprises of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult health problems. Physicians that specialize in internal medicine are popularly termed as internists in Commonwealth countries. Internists manage patients with multi-system or undifferentiated diseases and care for ambulatory and hospitalized patients. Internists also play a vital role in research and teaching.
At CMRI the physicians of Internal Medicine hold a strong commitment towards the most commendable conduct of medicine, the patient-physician rapport. We provide a full array of care ranging from general healthcare to specialized and complex treatments, with compassion. Our doctors also contribute to advanced research and study of internal medicine.
We deal with all intricate problems relevant to internal medicine in the Emergency, OPD, and ICU every day. Our Internists primarily take care of adult patients suffering from problems including pain, Infectious diseases, fever, cold, cough, diabetes, Immunological diseases, hypertension, Neoplastic ailments, connective tissue disorders, feeling unwell and the unconscious patients, with compassion. Our highly equipped departments of Radiology and Pathology augment the efficient operations of our department of Internal Medicine. The operations of the department are in adherence with international protocols.
Treatments and Measures
- Treatment of infectious ailments like tuberculosis, gastro enteritis, malaria and typhoid.
- Investigations, risk assessment of diseases and management
- General illnesses like allergies, headaches, flu and cold, sore throat, ear infection, hepatitis and urinary tract infection.
- Treatment of chronic and acute illnesses like pneumonia, asthma, digestive disorders and lung disorders too.
- Health check for adults, including diabetics.
- Management of lifestyle health problems such as diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disorders.
- Management of chronic health issues like metabolic syndrome, obesity and lipid disorders.
- Pre-operative analysis and supervision of patients undertaking surgeries.
- Treatment of the geriatric patients.